Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What do you feel blessed for/about?

Where time has gone.. for those of you know how things are happening on our homefront you know there are lots of changes happening (disclaimer... I am not preggers..) as I sit here and look back to how things have gone... I am completely overcome with emotion in how the Lord has taken care of me, shaped me, helped me, and carried me over the years... He has given me the things I need when I needed them and taught me lesson's when I need to be taught. I am humbled by His love.

I look back to August 06 (just 3 years ago), I was sitting in the DFW area and had made a great group of friends, found a home church and loved my job. Then out of the blue I get a call about a job in Houston. The next few weeks flew by as I was having discussions about what to do with my family and of course an interview. I got offered the job and accepted! I left for some dear friend's wedding in Canada and was completely in shock at the realization of what I had to leave behind. In short, I was devestated. I was 10000% intrigued at the journey God had in store for me but leaving certain friends had me really sad and then I had to tell some of them the news at our friends wedding. I do not regret moving to this new job but I still look forward to hanging out with them with such joy.

I moved here, met up with some of my college buddies and started hanging out again :) I was super excited to be near some of my best friends again! They made the transition easy b/c they kept me distracted :) I was only here 5.5 months and eharmony matched me with Ry, we had our first date after only being here 6.5 months, engaged 8 months to the day later and then married nearly 7 months to the day after that. In reality we knew each other 15 months from our first date to our wedding day!!! Now here we are at the start of a new chapter of our lives and I am feeling 1000% blessed with the Love our Lord.

Say a thankful prayer for your friends, whether they are new firends, old friends the thought is always appreciated. You probably don't even realize that there is someone that thinks of you daily. Everyone makes an impact on someone else.

Feel blessed today.

What do you feel blessed for??

2 comments:

Shannon Boyer said...

having a great friend- you!

We love you and can't wait to see the plans God has for you and Ryan in this new stage of life...

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

to have friends that can laugh hysterically together over things like a walrus on vacation or other things I can't remember... ha!