Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 and beyond...

So my husband left again for his business trip.... It has been a week and I'm already ready for him to come back home. His time at home was so wonderful. We spent a few days with his family, 3 days in Fredericksburg (our B&B ROCKED!), then back to his parents house for a few hours, onto my parents house, a Day of Celebration and Family time, then a day of shopping (or restocking as I have come to call it), a quick overnight trip to Louisiana and then a few days at home.. then he was gone again :( But we rang in the New Year together and it brought a lot of thoughts to me...

Where was I 10 years ago... I was hanging out with a friend and our families and setting off fireworks in the then Home Depot parking lot.

5 years ago I was with one of my best friends and our friends

2 years ago I had just gotten engaged the night before

This year I got to spend it with my hubby :)

When you are listening life turns out just like God wants it to... Are you listening?

I have been trying to take time to listen to what He is saying... Is life the way you want it or the way God wants it?

I am excited what 2010 has in store for us. God has a great path ready for us and we just have to be listening and ready for Him to tell us.

This year is shaping up to be a great one already... Here's to a great rest of 2010!

1 comment:

Crissy and Kevin said...

hahah home depot parking lot! that was me! i had totally forgotten about that! Praying for you..sucks when the hubby is gone especially when he is gone as long as ryan... remember this to shall pass.. love ya!