Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where oh Where have we been?

Wow life has changed in the past year.  I have been keeping up with their milestones elsewhere but have been getting the urge to blog again...

Have you ever had that God griping feeling that life is just so grand and exciting that you just cannot explain how happy/excited you are about what is to come.  You know that it won't all be great but that it will be one heck of an adventure.  Well I have this past week!  I am excited, a little scared, but totally giddy with anticipation of our adventure as a family. 

I was given the best advice ever years ago to slow down every day and breathe/soak in life as it is... even on the worst days to remember those feelings.  This is why I remember VERY vividly many big and small moments in my life from the birth of our children to Ryan and I's first date.  And I know those moments make me love life even more.  I knew that my life was changing, I knew God has had a plan for us.  I also knew I never led my life, I just stood on God's feet in this dance called life and He took control every minute of every day.  This all came washing over me again as I stood in the girls rooms the other day just staring at how GREAT things were when I was overcome with tears.  How had my life ended up with so many glorious things.  I know God provided for us in every way but I was so humbled in those moments.

I am so excited to see what else He has in store.

I say a thanksgiving prayer every morning I wake up and I will continue to do so every day.  Do you say that prayer? Even when a child is crying, you are running late or you feel horrible?  I urge you to do so... to soak in a moment every day (from a child talking/waking to a coworker giving you kudos) and say a thanksgiving prayer to start your day.

Many Thanksgiving!

Rachel

No comments: