Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The last 8-ish Months...

Today has been more calm than the last 8 days. Let's recap things:

Today has been more calm than the last 8 days. Let's recap things...Shall we?
Ryan and I met on Eharmony... We started talking (from what we can remember) about mid March. I remember it being a long time (well longer than I wanted) because I kept telling a friend Cindy that it was taking him forever to write me back. We had our first real date on Monday April 30th for lunch at the Post Oak Grill. It lasted a little longer than we were expecting but neither of us noticed. That Friday we went and saw Spider Man III and were practically inseparable since.
I went to visit The Bean's over Memorial Day weekend and as we were chitchatting via text messaging he asked me to go to Vegas with him to celebrate Laura's Birthday.. I said yes!

April 30th - First Date - Lunch at the Post Oak Grill

May 4th - Spiderman III - Opening Night
May - 16-20 - RA - Canyon Lake and Schlitterbahn
May 25th-28th - Memorial Day weekend in Denver

June 8-10 - Harrell Family Reunion
June 14 - Dinner with the Boyer's
June 16th - Dinner for Father's day
June 17th - 22nd - ESRI Conference - RA in San Diego
June 23rd - Danny Surprise Party
June 29-31 - Austin for Figer Wedding
July 4th - July 8th - Lake Conroe

Labor Day Weekend- Rustin, Clarissa and Mackenzie to Houston
September 8th - Waco for Baylor vs Rice game
September 14th - Ryan's Birthday
September 29th - Cyrus Wedding Shower

October 5th - Dinner with the Boyers and Blue Man Group
October 6th - Ryan cheered me on in the Susan B. Komen 5 K Run
October 13th - The Play with the Boyers
Oct 14th - 16th Ryan to Seattle
October 20th - Laura's Halloween Party
October 21-26th - Rachel to FTW
October 27th - Patti's Halloween Party then the Clear Lake Party
October 31st - Ryan - chest pains

November 3rd - Ryan helps dad with lights
November 9th - Dinner with My parents for my bday and Ryan helps with Christmas Lights
November 10th - Celebration time at Howl at the Moon!
November 14th My bday
November 15 - 19th - Puerto Vallarta - Cyrus's Wedding
November 19-20 - Ryan NY
November 20 - Rick and Nita to town
November 21st - Lucy Exhibit and Dinner with both parents
November 21st - Rustin, Clarissa and Mackenzie to Houston
November 22nd - Lunch with the Benke's/Dinner with the Harrell's
November 24th - Ryan to ER with chest pains again - Rustin/Clarissa/Mackenzie and My mom and next door neighbor to Nutcracker
November 25th - RY - Washington DC

December 1 - PWC Christmas Party
December 8 - EOG Christmas Party
December 14th - 15 - Waco and then Stephenville then back to Waco
December 19th I get surprise that Ryan is coming back from NM with me for Christmas
December 20th - To: Artesia NM
December 22nd - Meet lots of people and have Christmas with Rustin/Clarissa/Mackenzie
December 24th fly home to Houston, Church at 5 then to the Milstead Christmas party
December 25th - Christmas Celebrations and Steve passes away :(
December 26th - Ryan and I go to "After Christmas Sales" shopping and Laura informs us she is backing out of the trip to VEGAS! At this point Ryan decides he has been given a golden opportunity to propose to me in Vegas so he goes to work in his brain on how to pull this off.
December 27th - mom and I go to the Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert that ended up running 3 hours. Ryan during this time was supposedly "working" and was dealing with a "huge" issue that had come up. IN REALITY he was on the phone with my father trying to set up a time that they could talk and visiting with his "jeweler". He had left his suitcase at my parents house and I was going to help him pack on the 28th b/c he had so much work to do.
December 28th - While I am asleep Dad is "taking" Ryan his suitcase so that Ryan can unpack and get things organized. IN REALITY they met for coffee off of 1960 and I-45 and talked for 1.5 hours... Then he eventually came home and we went to what-a-burger for food and then the parents were off to Halletsville for Steve's funeral and I went to pack and then to Ryan's house to pack him.. When I walked in he was on his computer and talking about how he was going to have to go to the office later to print some stuff out to get mailed.. and I fell for that hook, line and sinker.
December 29th - We left early in the morning for VEGAS. We checked in early at the hotel and then ate lunch at Claim Jumper and then went to Hoover Dam in our Silver H3. We had fun, we took the power plant tour and enjoyed the picture taking time. Then we finally got back to the hotel and relaxed and went to dinner at _______________.
December 30th - Ryan was being a goofball all day, but nothing out the ordinary. We went through several hotels including the Venetian, and we got to see the White tigers and dolphins and even a baby dolphin....____________________. We stopped at several stores and at one point he even asked me if I knew what kind of ring I wanted.. I told him if he didn't know by now oh well... He told me we had to be ready to walk out the door for dinner at 5. 5 was a little early as our show wasn't until 1030.. I just asked and he said he wanted to take me somewhere else fun.. So i said okay and went back to my non-work thoughts :) We got dressed in our stylish clothing ;) and went off to dinner.. I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going b/c I was with Ryan.. he always knows how to treat me and take care of me.. so I knew it would be a good surprise.. :) The fountains in front of the Bellagio came on so I was watching those and not really paying attention to where we were going.. We ended up at the Eiffel Tower. I was so excited about being there that it didn't even occur to me what he could have up his sleeve! (ironically I had made a comment months ago saying that he didn't have to sweep me off my feet and take me to Paris and the Eiffel tower just be sweet and romantic about the proposal.) As we were getting on the elevator Ryan got all nervous and fidgety, he said it was because of the heights... We got upstairs and he wouldn't let them take his jacket.. but I didn't question it really... They sat us down at the a little corner table and Ryan ordered a bottle of wine. We ordered an appetizer and started talking and I was watching the fountain show again at the Bellagio! He then proposed a toast and said something to the affect of "Here's to 2008 being a great year" then I said a corny funny Cheer b/c that is just me... then he said he had one more Christmas present for me.. AT THAT MOMENT I realized he has pushed his chair back and had his hand in his left pocket. I thought to my self.. THERE IS NO WAY.. Just no way... oh crap! He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and before his knee even hit the ground I was bawling... I just couldn't' stop. I was so incredibly happy!!!!!!!!!!! Then we started calling everyone.

Jan 1st - Saw some more casion's and then gambled at Bill's for hours then went outside to the Strip and counted the new years down and saw all of the fireworks
Jan 2nd - went to a few more casino's and then played some Texas Hold'em at the Flamingo then went and saw KA that night for our other show.
Jan 3rd Our flight was at 640 in the MORNING - we got home from VEGAS and went to three reception sites.
Jan 4th We booked the church for July 26th, 2008 for our wedding day!!!!!!!!! That afternoon around 130 I got the wild hair to go look at bridesmaid dresses and ended up looking at bridal gowns. I had called mom to come see too.. so we started the process of looking at dresses... and ended up finding the perfect dress. I wanted to get someone elses opinion so I called to see if Amanda was on her way yet to Houston... she wasn't and so i started to call Cara and Kristen. Cara was sick and Kristen was getting off work.. and she was able to come to the place and look at them.. I ended up getting it :)
Jan 4th -6th Amanda/Chris/Dylan came to town for a wedding of their own :)
Jan 5th - Mom, Me, Kristen and Amanda went to the Bridal Extravaganza - IT WAS CRAZY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That afternoon we were given the opprotunity to go see another reception site that was all set up for a wedding... Then we went to dinner (Ry, Me and My parents) to discuss matters of the reception sites
Jan 6th - I sorted through stuff and Ryan surprised me with going to the movies to see P.S. I love you.. It was a great bawl your eyes out movie... made me cherish my time with Ryan even more... if that is possible
Jan 7th - Booked the Marriott Waterway for our Reception :)
Jan 8th - TODAY - I am so hpapy to have 3 big pieces out of the way but I know I have so much more to do Photographer and DJ are the next big things... I am praying for patience and guidance as we go down this road of marriage. I really believe Ryan and I are meant for each other and I am shown that almost daily.

No comments: